Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Europe Trip Day 2 (June 5, 2015)

First I must say that London is a sunny warm city. At least when I'm there.

This was an awesome day for me because my friend Christienne Ruth was joining us. (see? sunny and warm)

Chris in in the Air Force and stationed in the UK.

So, the day started with a city tour, Chris joined us at Buckingham Palace where we saw the changing of the guards and we saw them practicing a parade for the Queen's birthday.

After leaving Buckingham Palace, we got some free time downtown... saw Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square and Picadilly Circus. Had some food and drink in a real London pub, then walked over the London Eye which offered a spectacular view of the city.

After dinner Chris had to get back to base. We both had our London Underground mishaps that night. After we finally managed to stop hugging, I took off after our group before I lost track of them... only I was following someone else. I ended up in the wilds of the London Underground naked and afraid. Okay, not naked, and only a little afraid... Marc finally found me and I was reunited with the group. On day 2 of the trip, in a group of 49, most of whom were teenagers, I was dubbed the problem child. Can't believe it took that long.

Chris also had some challenges and got on the train in the wrong direction and it took awhile to figure out. She made it back to base with a few minutes to spare before her carriage turned back into a pumpkin.

That evening we went on the Jack the Ripper tour of London. It was very interesting and our guide was fantastic. Fred Strangebone of Curious Characters. Stayed in character the whole time. We saw other people on other tours, but everyone was jealous of US because our guide was awesome.

The British Houses of Parliament


Harrod's

Burberry... I was hoping the Beckhams might pop in but no such luck.




Buckingham Palace




Jaxson. 
The London Eye


Big Ben

That's Chris, sitting at the red table. She'd already been up in the London Eye.



L-R:  Benny, Eric, Jaxson, Cody, Karen.
Inside the Eye

Eric. 
Fairly certain this is Trafalgar Square

a real London Pub

Chris in Piccadilly Circus

This guy wouldn't get out of the way of whatever I was pretending to try to take a picture of.

Marc is a sweet tart.


Westminster Abbey

Good thing he can levitate or he'd trip over that robe.

The Underground. We did not depart as friends.

Fred Strangebone.

Traipsing through the streets of London.

More traipsing.


I hated this building when it first went up. But now it's not as bad. I call it the egg. I don't know what other people call it.










Marc's first European selfie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh the nerve of some beefy studs, tisk.