Friday, August 14, 2015

Europe Day 3 (June 6, 2015) and we're off to Paris!

Today started at 4am. That hurt a little. We took the Eurostar high speed train to Paris, arrived 11:15am. After sending our luggage off to the hotel in a van, we got on the Paris Metro and went to the Louvre. The Louvre is HUGE. I saw the Mona Lisa, Winged Victory, and the Venus de Milo... got separated from our gang, but no big deal, i knew where and when we were meeting up and I managed to make it there.

Another hop on the Metro and we were at Notre Dame. As an architecture junkie and big fan of gothic cathedrals, this was awesome for me. There was also a cool bookstore right there called Shakespeare and Company that we had time to run into, it was really neat.

After our very Paris dinner experience, we went to Montmartre, a church on a hill where you get the most spectacular view of the whole city. There were shops and outdoor vendors near there where I bought my first souvenir of the trip, a painting by a local artist. (Whose name I will someday add to the blog, whenever i find the business card he gave me.)

That evening some of us went to see the show at the Moulin Rouge. Wha an iconic experience. I had the cancan stuck in my head for a week. And now, it's stuck in my head again... sigh.

Marc at the train station in London. Looking pretty awesome for 4:30am!
Kirsten at the Louvre.

Mona Lisa



Winged Victory

 I'm not exactly sure what this is, but I love it. It was in the Egyptian exhibit, the display said "utensils."

 
Venus De Milo

Notre Dame





 It's day 3 and Eric has already established his harem. Well done Son!




LOVED the bookstore!


Dinner... this place was so cool.

 Karen and Jaxon
 Escargot in Paris. of course!

Montmartre

we had to take this trammy thing. it was a big hill.






The View

My artist!
My art





Inside (we weren't supposed to take pictures)


 Jaxon, Eric and the back of Cameron's head.
 Me and Marc
Karen, Jayna and Francis

2 comments:

CrysCrosby said...

It'd be really hard to eat soup with that thing.
The bookstore gave me heart palpitations.
Did anyone thing the model of the cathedral was an arial view of the actual thing.
Is your painting actually 2D but painted to appear 3D?

xoxo, this all makes me miss you again.
crystal

sheri said...

you're right about soup, for sure. my painting is actually 3d. it's totally cool. and yes, that bookstore was fantabulous. there were ladders and everything.