Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The thrill is gone... not really. June 22, 2015 - Final day of EF Tour, and off to Oslo

Appropriately this day was rainy and cool as we pulled into Piraeus Port in Athens. We had to be out of our cabins by 7am and suitcases had to be outside the door last night by midnight, so this morning was just a matter of brushing teeth and stumbling down to the Muses Lounge. Since we were debarking (!wow wob) that early, i saved some postcards to write while we waited.

Got off the boat, got our luggage and got on the bus that took us to the airport. Utah left us first. So hard to say goodbye to these new good friends. Lots of hugs, a few tears and promises to stay in touch and off they went. Florida was next, though their check in was very close to where we were waiting so we were able to say goodbye like 37 times. John walked us all through our check-ins, thankfully. Karen, Matthew, Erin and I were next up. More hugs and tears and promises...

I have to say, this group was awesome. I could not have handpicked better traveling companions. The kids were great, the adults were great, our director John was fantastic, our guides were all great. AND I had a personal nurse, Cathy Bobo, that gave us all peace of mind.

We flew from Athens to Copenhagen, then on to Oslo. One of Matthew's friends who is a flight attendant arrived at about the same time so he volunteered to drive us all to Matthew's. However, with our giant suitcases, Kim had Karen and I all to himself. I'm sure he was thrilled! Matthew and Erin took the train back to town.

This day was pretty utilitarian. Travel, laundry, groceries, dinner, more laundry.


 Bye Bye Olympia!

   
Don't these children sleep at night?




 That's Denmark.
At first I thought this was an A380 b/c of the 4 engines, but now I don't know what it is. 
Brothers?
I brought the sun with me to Norway.





No comments: