Friday, September 4, 2015

June 18, 2015 - Athens

It was sunny and hot in the morning and yes, it rained... while we were at lunch, so no, technically, we didn't get rained on.

Started the morning with a bus tour of Athens, after that we climbed the Acropolis, saw the Parthenon and the temple of Athena Nike. You rarely see pictures of the views from here, I guess because everyone is taking pictures of the temple, but the view is pretty awesome too.


 Matthew and Jayna
 Angee's kids! Erin (Matthew's friend), Cody, Benny, Angee, Jaxon, Kirsten and Matthew
(Poor Eric was sick today and stayed in bed.)

 Marc at the Stadium
 Bus fun!


 He looks guilty of something... 






 Kirsten and Matthew
 Matthew and I
 Matthew and Erin (i have displeased him)
 Oh just your neighborhood ancient temple...
 The view was pretty awesome.
 Obviously not ancient, but i still liked this church.


 The columns at the temple of Athena Nike.

 Temple of Athena Nike


 Karen

 I love a good flag.

 Ethan and Benny, coolest tourists ever.






So after the Acropolis Marc took a cab back to the hotel. We had a sickness running through the ranks that probably took down about half the kids and a handful of adults. SO thankful I didn't get it, and thankful for them it didn't last more than a couple of days. It was still a major bummer, especially the few that had to endure it on the bus instead of in a bed.

Then we went to lunch, I had a spectacular beef souvlaki and everyone else had other greek things. We ate outside under umbrellas so the lunchtime shower didn't bother us, and it cooled things down a bit. After lunch we got to break some plates... and then we went shopping! WOOHOO! (I can see why this shopping thing has caught on.)

ICE. The most valuable commodity in Europe. It was a struggle to get it every time, but I do like the tiny bucket.
 Action shots!

Ashley and Emily from Utah. AND they have a sister named Katherine.

 Matthew bought a selfie stick and we had the BEST time with that thing.
Angee, Matthew and Karen at the Temple of Zeus. 


Okay, so some of our group had a Greek Evening excursion, the rest of us went back to the hotel, threw on bathing suits and hit the beach. This is the only picture I took, thankfully Matthew was wearing my shirt that I ended up leaving behind in Athens along with my bathing suit. RIP Ketchup on my Ketchup, I'll never forget you!


That night we had a farewell party. More than half of us are going on the Greek Isles cruise, but some are going home in the morning. We were sad to say goodbye, especially to Frances and Jayna.


 LOVE YOU FRANCES!!
 Action shot!
giddy up!

PS. According to my phone, this is still holding up as the most active day of my entire life. 

2 comments:

CrysCrosby said...

That last picture is..disturbing for so many reasons.

sheri said...

haha!