Sunday, October 26, 2008

i am SO ready for a footrub

i might have to break down and go see miriam, the bomb diggity of pedicurists. it's $40 and worth every cent... an hour and a half of pure bliss...

i have my computer up and running, and am leaching off a neighbor's internet (woohoo!). i was going to post some pictures, but my camera is with some friends. i guess i could get some off mom's camera but it's like 10 feet away and i'm not moving!

so moving day was an adventure. thankfully i was up at 5 because the movers showed up at 8:30, 90 minutes early. it didn't really matter too much, i was ready to go, but i was glad they weren't any earlier. mom & dad showed up shortly after that and we moved the most well-wrapped cabinet every seen (thanks steve!) from the pickup to the moving van.

after about 3 hours they had pretty much everything on the truck. at 5:30 am when i went outside to take some trash out, it was raining. i prayed and prayed and prayed that God would stop it until we got the truck loaded, and sure enough, He answered. And to make a point, it started raining immediately after the last thing went on the truck. the doors weren't even closed yet.

so, we came to the new building, it rained cats & dogs the whole rest of the day. thankfully my building has a loading dock so all was well with the move-in. the movers were already impressed with steve's work on the bookcase when they loaded it, when we unloaded and unwrapped, they were like "WOW!" they were really great guys and worked very hard for me. i was shocked it took about 7 hours... i was thinking 3, maybe 3.5.

we all worked hard doing different things yesterday. dad was doing electrical, mom & i switched back and forth between lovely assistants and unpacking other stuff. today we took it a little easier. went to church this morning, then met my friend kristin for lunch, then came back for naps, then mom & i went back to work. we let dad have the day off b/c he worked so hard yesterday... and was wiped out and sore from wrestling with outlets and lights underneath the cabinets in the kitchen until about 11 last night.

so, that's the report for today. i'll have some pictures tomorrow maybe... and since i have internet, maybe even a video tour... though it's still a big mess. dad wants to know why mom didn't teach me any better than this. he's so funny!

love to all...

1 comment:

AEM said...

Wow..sounds like a busy day! Glad you're getting settled, can't wait for the pictures!